Thursday, August 14, 2008

I'm back!!

So many crunches later. Many sprints later. And many missed meals later. I am back and very thankful. Very thankful.

2 months later and I am back from one of the most life changing experiences I have ever been apart of. KAA (Kids Across America) is one of the most amazing places in the world and is completely anointed. The Lord taught me more than I could have imagined. I can't write about all of it because it is too much but if you want to know please talk to me, I would love to share it all. I also learned a lot about the inner city and the place of injustice that it is, but also had to understand that I couldn't be bitter at the injustice but rather find a way to bring hope to these young girls, which was showing them the path to restoration that only the Lord could guide them through.

Ok one tid bit....I learned out selfish I am. I have a sin problem and naturally I always will. I lived in a constant state of repentance and just asked the Lord to point out anything within me that offends him and he sure did. Some days I wished I wouldn't have prayed that. I spent a lot of time in Philippians this summer, especially chapter 2 and learning what humility really is and how I need to be selfless in everything. EVERYTHING!

Here are some pictures from the summer. The Lord is so good. He is sovereign. He is a father to the fatherless.
Wow I could talk about this forever.







These girls are all 14. All going to be freshmen in high school. All have broken homelives. All have been affected by the violence around them. All change my life. They are wonderful!

1 Corinthian 15:58...someone gave me this verse the 3rd day of camp and it helped me through. Know that nothing you do in the name of the Lord or for his glory is never done in vain. How cool is that?

I love my Jesus. I love my Jesus.

5 comments:

the fredin's said...

i just love you. you are a HUGE inspiration to me as i'm sure you were to all of those girls. i'm so glad you had such an amazing summer.

Hillary said...

i just love you too. more than kellie but don't tell her :] i'm so glad you are back and that the lord used you to help show his love to your girls. and i love that you updated so soon :] way to go! love you..can't wait to move back to sterling with you

aunteem said...

Because He loves you so much you can love well. Keep loving.....

Melanie-Pearl said...

beautiful photos, beautiful girls. i think they are glowing. i think i know why. lucky girls!

Anonymous said...

this post made me cry. I would LOVE to hear about this in person (HINT HINT!!!!!!!!)