Monday, February 22, 2010

MTR

[I seem to go through blogging SLUMPS. DESERTS. DRY-SPELLS.
Well, here is my 189734092 attempt to try and re-start this blog.
So to all my faithful readers (all 2 of you!) I'm back! haha...]

Post-Grad.

What a weird stage of life. Transition from a whole life of education to the real-world has to be one of the most challenging, awkard, and unsure times.

All the sudden it's all over.

So... now what? Hmm.... It's the time where people say you can to whatever you want. To some extent this is true. I have nothing tying me down, no obligations, no serious relationship (sorry about that one grandma), and praise the Lord I even came out of Sterling with no loans.

Here is my latest kick. And it's not just a kick this time. Kellie likes to remind everyone that I just throw out crazy ideas of what I'm going to do but change my mind 2 days later. (Hello you know I don't like commitment!!) But this one I've been praying about since September.

MEMPHIS! The city of BBQ and blues... There is a great possibility I'll move their at the end of May. I am in the application process for a master's program called MTR (Memphis Teacher Residency). My final interview is March 19th. I find out at the beginning of April if I'm in. With over 200 applicants and less than 40 spots, it's gonna be tough. I would explain it, but this video does a much better job. Check it out if you have time.



Peace.



8 comments:

grandmabutch said...

I'm praying for you and also for a serious committment!!!! Trust the Lord to direct you in the right direction. Love you very much.

Anonymous said...

This is so exciting. I'll look forward to updates as you progress through the process.
Aunt K

aunteem said...

If you updated...guess it's time for me too! I will love you whereever you are, whatever you do.

Melanie-Pearl said...

Oh, E! When I think of how you've gotten to this point, the years and heart you've put into this vein---I just know they will pick you.

I love the cohort model for education, too. This type of learning/living transcends masters level education/life...which is truly what working and living (doing what you love) is all about.

Anonymous said...

yeah, i'm still dealing with the fact that this isn't one of your "latest kicks" or crazy ideas :). that program fits you to a tee...as much as it kills me to say that :). you are going to to great in memphis, and we can't wait to visit you there! :)

Unknown said...

i still have to get in kellie. don't forget that part.

aunteem said...

yeah...she still has to get in...let's not rush all this! :):)

Melisa said...

ROAD TRIP!!!
:-)