Saturday, June 05, 2010

Hello Memphis!

Well I made it to Memphis and have moved in and am starting this new stage of life whether I'm ready for it or not! The transition hasn't been too bad.

Mom and Dad helped me move and I would not have been able to do it without them that is for sure. They are the best parents ever and we had a really good time together, from trying to figure out where we were in Memphis to 1898230984 Target stops to Mom thinking she is really from Memphis and talking to everyone like she knew them. Ha! Saying bye was tough but I really was trusting the Lord in being here.

I am in school with some amazing people. My roommate is just awesome and we have had some great times already. There are a few girls who worked at KAA and I have had some great times with them so far. I went with one of them downtown last night and we cooked hamburgers for the homeless that live there. It was great. They were awesome guys, I loved it. It was through Life Church, I'm gonna check it out tomorrow I think.

Don't really know what all to write on here, besides I'm doing good. It's been very overwhelming at times but I'm trying to just take a day at time. I have my moments but then after that I tell myself to not sit and sulk but get up and do something!

Oh and I found out that I will be working at Whitehaven High School with my mentor art teacher. It is in the Southwest corner of the city. I get to drive by Graceland everyday and salute the king :) I know you all are jealous!

Here are a new thing I'm gonna do on my blog... It's titled ONLY IN MEMPHIS...

So here is the ONLY IN MEMPHIS for today.

Will you find a bus stop and a sign that says no standing, sitting, or parking at anytime.
AND
Will people fight at WalMart in there Southern accents and still sound polite and nice.



Love you all, thanks for the prayers. Keep praying if you don't mind. For my workload coming up, for solid community and a church.







4 comments:

Melanie-Pearl said...

Of course you've been on my mind for the last week. Transition is such a trip---thanks for sharing about what you are up to. I love you!

aunteem said...

You are ALWAYS in my prayers and on my mind. Loved reading your blog.

Julie said...

Yes, you are ready for this stage of life--you will do very well there in Memphis! I am looking forward to reading your updates--you are always in my prayers. And no, people don't sound nice when they yell in a southern accent.

grandmabutch said...

Erin, my sweet little grand daughter. I was so happy to read your blog. I know there will be tough times but remember our God is bigger than any of that!! I am so anxious to see you over the 4th. Hope you litle neice has made her appearence by then. Love you