Tuesday, August 10, 2010

First few days....


It's official. I'm a Urban Educator.

I am sitting in a coffee shop GULPING down some wonderful coffee. I only allow myself to have it once or twice a week so I don't get addicted, don't worry. Working on all my master's coursework and need to focus, but thought I deserved a break so I'm on here.

There is SO much from this week already. Mainly this:

You know you are in MCS when your students ask you if you are German or Canadian because you are white and NOT from the South.

Alright that's enough for today :)
There is so much to say, but I have to get back to studying.


The photo above is of KIPP DIAMOND Academy here in Memphis.
It is a charter school that is really pushing academic achievement and succeeding in incredible ways. We have 7 residents doing their internship their this year.

3 comments:

aunteem said...

Love the German/Canadian comment! Thanks for putting the newspaper clipping in; that is really cool!

Melisa said...

I miss you like crazy chica! You should start speaking some of your Spanish and REALLY confuse them on your nationality/ethincity!

grandmabutch said...

You remember that you must hang in there whether the days are sunny or cloudy! God is good