Thursday, August 24, 2006

I'm sucked in...

Well since everyone else in the family has one...I feel a bit disconnected so I thought I would join the life-sucking-cyle-of-bloggers-united. So basically this is something to do besides my homework right now. Is that bad? I'm already in the cycle of procrastination.
So since I know all of you care I will tell you about my life.
My life = Busyness
I'm in Sterling doing about 5.3 million things but it is all good. I'm an RA this year so I have a hall of girls that keep things interesting for me. I'm still playing basketball, but often question why, but it is going well. I spent 3 1/2 hours in the gym yesterday so that was good. At least I'm in shape right?? Oh yeah and I found out today that I am going to be the art teacher for the Charter School here in Sterling...taking after my parents, I know, don't remind me.
As far as Sterling in general God is doing amazing things. We have a ton of prayer going on on Campus, every person is getting prayed for everyday! This is year is a huge year of change for Sterling. And it is really cool to be a part of it.
Well..I need to go make root beer floats for the entire campus now...Here are some pictures of things that have been going on here in Sterling.

Top 5 things here in Sterling:
1. Watching my girls wear little kid sleepers they bought at Target
2. High Ropes Courses...climbing swinging ladders way too high in the sky
3. Being loud in the hallway and having a freshmen tell you (as the RA) to be quiet
4. Watching freshmen make fools of themselves
5. Dancing with 12 other RAs (8 being guys) to Kirk Franklin in front of the entire student body.

My favorite girls! Ready to move the freshmen in!

Gracie Erin and Me at Highland Games!

Me and Paul...just chillaxin...

My fellow RA's in our outfits for the talent show...in which we did dance to Kirk Franklin

Love you all...
Erin

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Excellent.... good to know I can peek into your life whenever. :)

Btw, we might have some time available in a worship service soon for a Kirk Franklin extravaganza. Are you booking...you know....gigs?

Unknown said...

Yay! You are blogging! Sounds like you're having a blast! Have a great semester...

the fredin's said...

Oh erin.....glad you joined the bloggers. i have become quite addicted to checking it ever since we have been in indiana. i am glad to hear that you have taken after me with your procrastination skills! :)
how were the root beer floats??
loveyou!
kellie

aunteem said...

welcome...did not even recognize you in the last picture! Wow! Watch that procrasinating! What is this i hear about shopping for plane tickets? :)
love you!

the fredin's said...

sounds like the floats went over well. tell hill that i think turquoise is her color, and tell paul i love the sunglasses. and um jon still owes us a scary story.

Melanie-Pearl said...

How did you do that with your lips?!?!?! Fantastic! (Oh yeah, welcome to the time warp)

Anonymous said...

Hi Erin,

I finally got your blog to come up. Success!!!! I enjoyed reading about all of your duties and fun. Miss you and hope to see you soon.

I am feeling a little better....
Keep praying. I should hear from my bone scan on Wednesday. I will let you know.


Grandma Butch