Sunday, April 15, 2007

30 days...






in 30 days i get to step my feet upon a flying piece of metal and fly across the atlantic to switzerland and then off to kenya. can i just tell you how i can't wait? not one little bit...i cannot wait! the fact that in 30 days, my 2 research papers will be done, i will have hopefully passed chemistry and never have to take another science class again, no more meetings, no more drama (at least for a little bit). just me and my favorite place in the world. with might i say some of the coolest.

i just can't wait. so if you think about it family. pray for kenya. that is the most amazing country to me. i love it. i love the smells. i love the food. i love the people. i love the love there. i wish i could take you all with me but i know i can't but i am kinda of taking you all with me since i know you are praying for me so much.

besides craving to go back to africa. i am just hanging here in sterling. laughing a lot and trying to say sane with all the homework and workouts. laughing helps. just in case you haven't laughed really hard in a long time. you should. it helps. promise. here are some random pictures of me with some of my favorite people in the world. i hope you enjoy them, i wish you could meet all of them too. the Lord has blessed me with so many great friends...

i love you all so much. hopefully i will see you soon! i really hope so... remember to smile and laugh. be joyful in the Lord, i promise there is always something to be thankful for. always.

(the pics in case you wanna know...
#1 at kenya date night, we are all fake laughing, just for fun...aren't we cute?
#2 me and jill and renee swisher two of my teammates at one of the boys conference tournament games
#3 me and renee at nationals...we are pretty much inseperable
#4 team kenya!! yeah! we had a date night where we auctioned ourselves off and those were our promotional shirts with pink duck tape
#5 my whole team at basketball, we are pretty much a huge family, it kinda happens when you spend every waking moment together)

4 comments:

aunteem said...

Wow....30 day is all? Can't believe it. Love the pics, they are great!
Something I read in "Ruthless Trust" last night....."The foremost quality of a trusting disciple is gratefulness." I thought; wow! what a good measure of trusting God in my life....am I really a grateful person? Do i know that God is to be trusted? Anyways, thought of that in reading your blog. Love you lots!

Anonymous said...

Surprise!
Can you believe it? I finally got your blog and enjoyed it very much. Rest assured I will be praying for you and do each day....maybe several times a day.
I know you enjoy Africa, but you are so very far from me and Grandpa. But the Lord will use you and protect you.

Love you very much,
Grandma Butch

Anonymous said...

#1 I figured that laughing picture had to be posed, but you do all look really cute.
#2 you look really hott with that sterling headband around your head :)
#3 You and renee are so cute!!
#4 Speaking of you guys being auctioned off...I heard you went for a lot of money...and didn't even get the crazy guy with it?? sad day :)
#5 The team pic is really good!! I can't wait until next year, when I will be named the best Sterling Lady Warriors fan EVER....
Thanks for updating :) I am so excited for you and your trip to Kenya, I know how much you love it (and that would probably be an understatement :) We will be praying for you during this time that leads up to the trip, and then while you are gone. We love you sooo soo much!! I'm glad I get to see you in about 7 days!!! I loooovvvveeee YOU!!

the fredin's said...

ok, i think it is time for the update seester :) that is all.