Friday, August 10, 2007

Back to Sterling...

Ok, maybe you all will stumble across this in about 3 months from now because the probably of my actually writing on post on here is just about as likely as Kellie getting a tan. Sorry Kellie, no bad feelings intended by that...

So let's see what has happened since my last post in April. I went to Kenya. Which most of you have already heard all about and I am sure wish I would just stop talking about it at some point. Kenya has a huge place in my heart and I love it so much there, there is something beautiful about another culture and another country that is suppose to see life as hopeless but yet they turn around with pearly white smiles against their beautiful ebony skin, that i so wished sometimes i had, and see an array of hope that the rest of the world looks at with pity. Yeah i know, that was a horrendous run on but oh well. So in the short of it, I feel more in love with the country of Kenya and has made me realize how much I just want to see the world and more importantly, that people of it. So if you ever want to go, let me know, I will be right next to you on those fun plane flights.

Carol, Stephen, and Me,

A Local Masaai Woman, isn't she beautiful?

This is one of my favorite pictures, it is my friend Peter and I walking back from walking some street boys to school in the morning. I had one of best conversation of the trip with him that morning and the trees there always amazed me.

This is Rose. She is an AIDS Orphan I worked with the last two summers. She is what really describes the word amazing. Her life is so unique and the Lord has spoken through her to me so evidently it is incredible. I wish you all could meet her.

Swimming in a local river, in a skirt, with the boys!

Some friends at the conference.

What else? I worked at my church and learn a WHOLE lot. But that is boring, I won't spend time talking about all that. Had a campout for my basketball team at sterling, a huge 4 people came, but it was a blast! I also got the chance to go to Colorado and visit friends from school, go to a conference and go to a Rockies game! It was probably one of the best trips I have ever been on.

Bball girls on our camping trip!

These are some of the girls I worked with this summer at camp in Shilom Springs.

Worshiping at desperation. So Sweet.

Friends at the Rockies Game, we made those t-shirts, pretty sweet huh?

These are our lucky headbands, the reason we won the game! This is my good friend Shannon, she is great!


So now I am off to start my Junior year of school at Sterling College. To be an RA, play basketball and take 18 hours in hopes of actually finishing the two majors I started with but still wonder at times if I even want to stay in them. I do understand why the average college student does change majors 7 times, how do you pick? I can't. Anyway, here is to finishing another year and closer to graduating and then to actually finding some sort of job. Oh yikes, let's not think of that, the real world. I don't want to go there yet. Nope, now is the time to just party. That sounds much better.

Anywho...hopefully I will update this more so you all can stay in tune with my life, since I know if it sooo incredibly exciting. Yeah, I know you wake up every morning waiting to check the family blogs and see what all is going on. Just kidding, but for the few that do check this, I will do my best.

Ok. Go. Live for Jesus. And Be Brillant.

Peace Out.

E

9 comments:

kim said...

Hey, I found your post. Great pics.... and great summary of many amazing things.

Except for the BORING part of your summer. Surely staff meetings deserve a mention...

:)

Anonymous said...

I almost didn't check your blog today, but then I thought, "Just maybe ...". So, I checked it, and I'm so glad I did. Your pics and your thoughts are "lovely" -- as they say in England. And, I'm so glad you're ready to travel anywhere -- this is very cool!
Love,
Aunt K

the fredin's said...

Yay for the update!! Oh don't worry, no hard feelings about the tan comment. I supposed I am used to it :). You are one of the craziest college kids I have ever met (doing all those things), but I love ya. Can't wait to help you move up on Monday!! love you so much!!

aunteem said...

You know if you are looking from another shore America is a foreign country too! :) You have opened my eyes to so many things. Ask me about brilliant....okay????
I wish I could help you move up...but hey I have to be at work, in AC, so Kellie is sacrificing being in the 105 predicted Monday. I;m praying that the air in your dorm is HEALED. :)

Erika said...

You are so cool Erin. I want to go with you to Africa sometime. Best wishes for your school year. Sounds like another toughie. You will make it because you love the things you are involved in and God is on your side.

Melanie-Pearl said...

thanks for the little booklet. i'm keeping it in the hutch at my office. (that's a big deal because it has sat nearly empty for a year now. i have two photos of the kids, a crystal cross, a drawing from Mason and now my booklet from you.)

thanks for taking the time to lunch the other day. if only there were more hours in a day....

Anonymous said...

I got your Kenya booklet in the mail today, so I thought I would come to your blog and post a comment on your post from last spring. Alas, there was a new post! Thanks for writing all of that down--I always enjoy hearing all about your life. Thank you for sending us a booklet. I hope you have a wonderful year at Sterling! Love you, Aunt JT

Anonymous said...

I, too, received my beautiful booklet today. Thank you! When I first saw the pics on your blog, I thought, "I'd love to have a copy of the Erin and Rose picture." Today I got my wish and more. The booklet is awesome! Thanks for sharing your gifts.
Love, Aunt K

Anonymous said...

ME TOO!! WE REALLY APPRECIATE YOUR BOOKLET. YOU ARE ANOTHER ONE OF MY BEAUTIFUL GRANDDAUGHTERS - BEAUTIFUL ON THE INSDE AND THE OUTSIDE. GOD HAS BEEN SO GOOD TO US TO GIVE US WONDERFUL GRANDCHILDREN.

LOVE YOU,
GRANDMA B